• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

In Progress Changing Ring Tone for Queue

AdamTTG

Reaction score
While its great default tone can be changed in the new beta, most the requests for ring tone changes are for queues - there should be an option to change the tone for all types of incoming calls.

Upvote 96
Agree, I read in the beta blog about the ability to change the default ringtone, but not able to change queue ringtone. The queue call ringtone on yealinks is our biggest complaint by clients.

I agree as well; this is one of the biggest complaints I get from my clients (especially when they have a "Ring All" Polling Strategy configured).

Reactions: NeilSmith_UBT
I would love to see the new default ring tone option extended to include external and queue calls as we also have a number of clients that hate the Yealink ringtone for queue calls.

YES PLEASE!!

yes please. Allow ring tone changes for clients, queues, groups.

Another Vote for the Queue tone on Yealink.

The default tone is horrendous and forces us to fall back to a Custom Template for any clients utilizing Queues..

Thanks for providing the options 3CX, but please add the simple section (Possibly add Internal Ring and Ring Group as well while you're there).

Reactions: TwoPortSupport
If using Yealink, you can change this using a custom tempate, under 'distinctive ring_tones'

distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.2.ringer =
distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.3.ringer =
distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.4.ringer =
distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.5.ringer =
distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.6.ringer =
distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.7.ringer =

I agree with this, you can alter this by using a custom template but would be much easier if it could be altered when provisioning the phone.

If using Yealink, you can change this using a custom tempate, under 'distinctive ring_tones'

Yes this is how we have been handling it in all of our custom templates, but this is still a custom template, the idea is to not have to manage that either, then we can finally go back to the default template within 3cx for the first time... ever.

While its great default tone can be changed in the new beta, most the requests for ring tone changes are for queues - there should be an option to change the tone for all types of incoming calls.
Me too, this should be a pretty basic piece of functionality IMHO.

Whilst the ability to change the ringtone via the management console is a step in the right direction, this would only apply to internal/DDI calls.

It's the Yealink queue tone that drives people nuts - Maybe in the interim, just change the default 3CX template to use another tone for the queue (Something non-musical preferably :) ), so we don't have to resort to custom templates to do it

+1 (for each and every of our customers...)
!!!!

+1 for this, given we've now moved to the queue system here for our 3cx installation. I also don't like the idea of having a custom template as 3cx has said they WON'T guarantee support for custom templates, so this to me is more of a support issue and my staff don't like the queue ringtone.

+1 for this as well. Currently at customer trying to deploy a queue and first item asked was to change the tone.

This is a must!! This is our Number one issue with the current provisioning template, With pretty much every installation that we have done - customers have complained about the ring tone on call queues and currently the only solution is to create a custom template, which is liable to get broken on the next 3CX update :(

Please could you allow us to set a default reing tone for Ring groups, Queues and IVR

+1 from me, customers have been asking for this for years.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.