• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Changing Status on Yealink T46 handset

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyK

Reaction score
Basically, I'm looking for a way to change, and indicate the status of a user on the handset.

I understand that normally this is done by 3cxphone - that feature works great - however I'm not keen to use it as I don't want to give the users access to the presence screen without being able to lock out the reception/manager/wallboard screens (the user screen would be fine).

I can setup the keys on the T46 to change status by dialing *30 etc, however the lamps do not latch on the status - i.e. you cannot tell by looking at the phone which status you are currently using. The same goes for changing via voicemail.

Has anyone found a way to indicate the current users status on the T46 handset?

Thanks!

Hi There

When you change the status using configured BFL keys on an IP Phone, the code for the status is dialled the same as if you dial it in manually. The BLF keys simply allow you to push a button to dial the codes so you don't need remember them all. Therefore the lights of the BLF keys will not change. This is the default behaviour and can not be changed I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.