Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Changing the "Destination if no answer" of a ring group

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by coreybrett, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coreybrett

I have a situation where one person needs to get voice mails left for the operators ring group during the week, but a different person needs them on the weekend.

Are there any built-in ways in 3CX to do this sort of thing?

Workaround suggestions would be welcome if not.

What about sending the VMs to a central location that is a accessible to multiple people?

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

This is an easy one.

Send it to a dummy extension (you can tell we use these a lot huh!). Two choices then.

1. Let either person access the voicemail of the dummy extension (can be done via softphone or from their extension) or
    2. Set the status of the dummy extension ,one forwards to voicemail of the week person, the other to the weekend person. You can use any combination of the forwarding rules and status.

To change the status they can use the assistant or you can change it via the voicemail (option 5 from memory). Or you can program the office hours for the dummy extension then set the active profile (make sure it forwards to the weekday person) and the corresponding out of hours profile. So available and Out of office or Custom 1 and Custom 2.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. coreybrett

Wow, that's great!

I thought about something like this, but I didn't think that the calls would go to the VM of the extension the call was forwarded to vs. the original dummy extension's VM.

Thanks!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.