Changing the IP of the server VS provisioning files

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pilly52, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pilly52

Hi,

I've just changed the IP of my 3CX server V10, restarted every services, restarted the server completely. When i regenerate the provisioning files for every phones using the renew password button, or changing the time settings (which recreate every files)

The ip address stay the old one in my xml provisioning files. I've even changed every occurence of the IP in the custom parameters to the new one. The old one still appears in the provisioning files after regenration.

BUT ! if you change someting, like the first name in an extension, it will also regenerate the files, and this time, with the good ip... Then if you regenerate all the files, the ip is correct for the modified extensions...

I've already noticed this on 2 different servers. Do you have the same thing happening ?

What are you doing to regenerate every files with the right IP ?

2. nbailey

nbailey Member

Hello,

Let me explain a little here for you. When you change the IP address of the 3CX Server not only is a Service Restart required you also will need to make a change in the Extension Tab of the extensions to regenerate the provisioning files, making changes to the time or regenerating the password will not be enough to make the proper changes in the provisioning files.
    Highlight the extensions you have, go into the phone provisioning section and make a random change, BLF or PBX delivers audio or something then apply and ok and it will recreate the provisioning files for you, reboot the phones and you should be good to go.

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.