• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Changing The SIP port after installing the PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohammed Khalaila

Reaction score
Could someone please explain what is the SIP port used for (Please explain as you are explaining for a noob) ??

Is it any possible to change the SIP port after installing 3CX ?

I spent hours configuring 3CX , also it takes time to actually install 3cx ....

Could someone please explain what is the SIP port used for (Please explain as you are explaining for a noob) ??
In short...
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is a signaling protocol used for initiating, maintaining, modifying and terminating real-time sessions that involve video, voice, messaging and other communications applications and services between two or more endpoints on IP networks.

Is it any possible to change the SIP port after installing 3CX ?
No, you have to do a backup / reinstall / restore and during the reinstall change the SIP Port

In short...
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is a signaling protocol used for initiating, maintaining, modifying and terminating real-time sessions that involve video, voice, messaging and other communications applications and services between two or more endpoints on IP networks.

No, you have to do a backup / reinstall / restore and during the reinstall change the SIP Port

is it possible to change the external port but keep the internal port without having problems or the need of reinstalling ?

Yes, exactly what leejor mentioned in the other thread

Reactions: Mohammed Khalaila
Yes, exactly what leejor mentioned in the other thread

After changing The external ports I will need to change the Ports on the client's am I correct ??

The only Ports that I will need to change are 5060 and 5061 , am I correct ???

If somebody is trying to hack the PBX (Too many failed authentications) then change “SIP Port”. You have to do the reinstall.

If somebody is trying to hack the Phone (suspicious call from extension 100) then change the “Local SIP Port of Phone” and reprovisiong the phone(s)

Just to make sure the calls I got both on a IP Phone Yealink T41P and also on a 3CX Client on IOS Device.

How can I make sure which to change ?

How can I only change the "Local SIP Port of Phone" ??

i just found this in the activity log
10/30/2018 10:21:42 PM - Failed to add outbound CID reformating rule for DN:10000: <Rules />
10/30/2018 10:21:42 PM - Failed to add outbound CID reformating rule for DN:10000: <Rules />
10/30/2018 10:21:42 PM - Line 10000 has been updated from DB
10/30/2018 10:21:42 PM - Set log verbosity to MaxLevel = 2, Severity mask = 7
10/30/2018 10:39:42 PM - [EC100009]: External application [user-PC:0/3CXexthost] i0/30/2018 10:39:50 PM - [EC100002] Connection with media server is losts disconnected:
10/30/2018 10:39:50 PM - [EC100002] Connection with media server is lost
10/30/2018 10:21:42 PM - Loading Contact records from database

"10/30/2018 10:21:42 PM - Loading Contact records from database"

Does this mean that contacts has been exported or by other means stolen !!!!!!!!!!!!! ?!

if yes then tomorrow morning I will be fired from my job ! I seriously need help !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.