Chat pop up not popping up

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Andrew Brown, Apr 27, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew Brown

Hi, my users are complaining that they regularly miss chat messages. Although all clients have the pop up enabled, it doesn't seem to work most of the time. Also a lot of users have the sound on their pc turned off so they don't hear the notification. Does anyone know if there are there any improvements planned for the chat pop up or are there any 3rd party add ons like supertoast that might help ? Thanks.

2. HarryMJS

Hi Andrew,

I am currently having the same issue with one of my users at the moment, were you able to find a fix for this or anything?

3. Andrew Brown

Hi Harry, unfortunately not, I didn't get a single reply. It is a major pain for us as users are missing messages on a daily basis and complaining to me about it. Quite simply, the message pop up doesn't work.

4. HarryMJS

It is a shame, maybe me commenting will bring the thread up to the front page and someone else sees! It is annoying as the software is fine for everyone else and me, but for this one user, I have tried reinstalling and re-applying the account from the welcome email and double checked the setting for popping up is checked, but still nothing.

5. Andrew Brown

Well we can hope ! Unfortunately 3CX don't seem interested in responding. Thanks Harry.

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Apologies for this but we simply just missed this thread. It happens sometimes - we are also very busy with releases, bugfixes and keeping the flow of new features coming all the time..

Lets recap and see what the problem is here.

Can you declare the server version you are using? Windows Client version you are using?
    Does this happen on all client users?
    There is an audible sound that can be configured for chat. If sound is off then we can rule this out.
    However there ARE visual indicators that will not let you loose chats. They are the same indicators that Skype chose to use so we are pretty safe in that area.

Lets have a look
    upload_2017-6-13_17-23-17.png Standard windows. Showing you that a minimized app has something it wants to tell the user. Click on it. Then you will see either the chat window (if you have the below option enabled) or the chat app icon turn blue

upload_2017-6-13_17-22-4.png

However an improvement we can make is this:
    If the box is not selected, then it is true - the taskbar when minimized should flash. We need to find a workaround.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Andrew Brown

Hi Nicky,
    Thanks for your response !
    We are using the Windows Client version 15.5.1694.0

Most users have sound turned off so that doesn't help.
    They don't see the blue chat icon (its too small to notice) and they don't notice the flashing icon in the task bar. This is fair enough as most people are focused on whats going on in the middle of their screen.
    What we need is for the chat window to pop up in front of the active window.

I confirm that all users have the Chat Window option ticked@

upload_2017-6-13_16-24-58.png

Thanks and kindest regards,

Andrew.

8. HarryMJS

Interesting, My user having an issue doesn't even get the orange flashing icon on the task bar. It just literally nothing when a message gets sent through.

9. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

What we need is for the chat window to pop up in front of the active window. - What do you mean? If you have an active window of another application?
    Because it works already like this.

Look it works like skype. If you cannot use skype or your users cannot use skype then you have a problem of a different dimension because there is half the world using that app.. And if thats not good, then frankly I don't know what is.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

11. jed

jed New Member

Hi there

We just tested, and Nicky is right. If the Chat windows is closed (by X) or behind other Windows the Chat Window will pup up... However if you minimize the Chat Window it will just make the sound but stay in the taskbar.

12. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

We gonna make it flash also..Use what works for now. Enable that popup and it will send the appropriate notifications. We will make the taskbar flash when it is minimized to taskbar.

13. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Chat icon > Settings and you have 2 options in that dialog. You cannot go wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.