Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Chatting with Softphone

Discussion in 'Windows' started by hardywo, Mar 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hardywo

Hi,

How can I configure the softphone to automatically popup a window with a new message when it is received rather than simply turning the message icon blue and forcing the user to notice it in order to receive the message?

Is there a way to allow the other user to see a message notifying them that I am typing and vice versa so that they know I am answering them?

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Bill

2. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

On 3CXPhone go to “Chat” > “Chat Settings” and select “Automatically open chat window on incoming chat”

Not that I know of.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. hardywo

Hi Frank,

The "Automatically open chat window on incoming chat" option worked great; thanks a lot!

Do you know if there is a list somewhere of the available options for the source code of the 3CX config file that is sent in the extension welcome email? It would be great if I could setup the config file to fully configure the application. The main options I 'm looking to configure so far are the one you mentioned and "Auto Change Status when idle." Thanks a lot for checking and have a great day!

Bill

4. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi Bill,

Never have this question from my customers before, so never have to search for it, that’s why I can’t answer your question.

I don’t know how many 3CXPhones you are dealing with, but you can manually set the “Auto Change Status”.
    On 3CXPhone go to “Settings” > “Configure Accounts” > “Accounts” > “Advanced Settings” and setup the “Auto Change Status” like you wish.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. hardywo

Hi Frank,

I found an XML configuration file in the user's appdata folder which contains these settings. Using a powershell script, I can let each user configure their installation of 3CX without walking them through all of the options now. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Now the final step (hopefully), is figuring out how to have the default status be away for all users unless they are actively using a computer with the 3CX client running in the background. Any suggestions there?

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.