Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cheap Basic hardware phone?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Thona, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thona

I am sort of done having people ignore the softphone ring because they jsut do not watch their screen and have the headset off ;)

I would like to put a nice hardware phone into the reception area (only). Noone needs to talk to it, it just needs to RING on incoming calls ;)

Anyone has an idea what to take? Price is mandatory. Bopnus for a LOUD ring ;)

2. darrellchapman

Any SIP phone should work however remember it will only ring if it's part of a ring group or dialed directly.

Check out http://www.voipsupply.com for cheap phones. Click on the IP Phones link. Grandstream has some pretty cheap phones.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Thona

I know ;) I mostly want it to get into the ring group for the incoming main calls ;) Can not have this forgotten ;)

Any recommendations?

4. darrellchapman

Did you mean a hardwire phone as in a PSTN phone?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Henk

Henk Member

Would you not be better of having the server and add some giant boom boxes to it (speakers).

Than when a call comes in, you know about it :). Think of the benefits, when you have an office party you can use the server as a jukebox :).

H.

6. darrellchapman

If you want a standard hardwire phone then all you need is an ATA-VoIP adapter.

7. Thona

I like the jukebox idea, but I am afraid I am totally unable to find a decent minimum 1000 watt subwoover that fits into a 3.5" SATA hot swap bay- which is the only place the 1HE server has ;)

The idea with a normal phone on a converter is nice, but I think a real VOIP phone is not going to cost more ;) I thank for the links and will just get "something" from the links provided.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.