• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Check Voicemail from outside line

Status
Not open for further replies.

agilis

Reaction score
Was wondering is there a way to check your extension voicemail from an outside line? Our extensions have DID numbers also. Is there a way a user can call their DID number and be able to check their voicemail?

I already know you can call the receptions number and dial the voicemail box and then type your extension but we would like to be able to do this though dialing the DID number.

There doesn't seem to be a way (I could be wrong, I usually am the 1st time). I just tried calling in to a DID, waiting for the "leave a message" prompt and then seeing if I could either * or # would raise up a level to be able to prompt for the PIN so you can check messages.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to add for future version now that I think of it.

Easily done.. if you use an auto-attendant, you can press 99 (or 999 or 9999, depending on how many ext. digits you are using) during the greeting. If you don't use an auto-attendant, then assign a DID to 99xx. When you call that number, you will be prompted for ext, pass, etc.

The feature suggestion was made a long time ago for a digit(s) that could be dialled as you listen to your outgoing message, that would ask you to enter a PIN , then allowing you to listen to your messages, as can be done with most answering machines. There may even be a current suggestion in the Ideas section.

If you are not somehow actively using the designated Operator Extension that you have in the Management Console -> Settings -> PBX, in the "Operator Extension" field, then you could do something lie the following:
1) Create a new 'dummy' extension and call it e.g. "Redirect to VMail" and make sure this extension never actually registers to anything.
2) In the Extension Settings -> Forwarding Rules -> Available, in the "Phone is Busy" option group (they also apply when unregistered) select "Send call to" and in the drop-down menu select the VMail extension.
3) Set the 3CX Phone System Operator Extension to the new 'dummy' extension you just created.

Now whenever you are listening to a VMail prompt, by default when you press * you get transferred to the Operator Extension, but as the Operator Extension you designated will never be registered, it will transfer the call to the VMail IVR where you should get asked for the extension number and the PIN number.

Reactions: loveland
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norb.p
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.