• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Checking Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

spamoni

Reaction score
I have installed version 5 of 3CX and like all of the features and performance so far. However, I have 1 question:

I have the system setup at home, when I receive a voicemail, I try to check it when I am on the road via my cell phone. How can I do this? Asterisk allows this by dialing your phone number and then hitting the * when the system answers, however, this did not work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Configure some digital reception and then dial the extension of special menu when u hear the digital reception. Then you will hear please enter your ext no and then enter ext pin number and then u will hear your voice mail...... in digital reception you can also set ringing sound..

I thought of that - however, this means that anyone who calls where here the digital receptionist, correct?

If you register another VOIP line with an incoming number you could set that to go to your voicemail extension number, SIPGate in the uk provide a free local incoming number

Thanks - will need to look at that. But I think it would be nice to have the ability to hit the * key to invoke the checking of emails. Saves the hassle of setting up another phone number just for checking emails.

Yes you have to go into DR to go the the VM extension. Or someone could transfer you to that extension (999). You do not have to have the DR announce it.
Hi Thanks for calling. Press 1 for Sales.

That's all you'd need. When you hear the DR, just punch in 999 and you'll be asked for your extension and password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.