• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

choosing audio codecs

Status
Not open for further replies.

netpet

Reaction score
Hi,

is it possible to choose directly in 3cx which audio codec clients must use. Of course some clients offer the possibility to choose, but unfortunately some of them not (e.g. Nokia E60).

The problem is, that I want to use SIP via 3G Data Networks but the 711codec is to heavy and I want to use the GSM Codec.

Any Ideas to tell 3cx what I want.

BR from Austria

HP

until now i have not found a place in 3cx where you can define this - i did it in the phone but if your phone does not offer this you have a problem i think. but if i right understand u use a gsp phone and i realy thing that this will use gsm codec per default. perhaps there is a hidden value in 3cx but i thing the initial caller ask the other side for his protocol and then they try to find out what codec

Biggest issue with codecs is $$$$ there are royalties to pay.

G.711 is a codecs that does not have royalties attached to it, it can be used "free", to keep the cost down 3cx is using that.

There was a post about that a while a go I think, but I believe the main reason is the royalties on some codecs.

We are going to make this configurable in the next version.

We support G711, GSM and soon Speex. These are royalty free and work fine..... Ensure to choose a provider that supports one or more of these codecs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iTVerse
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.