Choppy Calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wisecomputers, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wisecomputers

wisecomputers New Member

Calls are choppt on every 3 to 5 th call that come in. We are using qos firewalls with a 5mb fiber line up and down, and qos switches. I would think maybe the grandstream 2000, but it also happens with bria, and snom 360. My bandwith has almost 4.5 free at the time of testing. So then I thought it was nexvortex, and found that it happens with internal calls also. Any ideas would help me greatly while I try to figure this out.

Dan

2. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Make sure you do not run antiviruses or other time consuming services at your server.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. wisecomputers

wisecomputers New Member

it is a dual quad core xeon with 4 gb of ram, no virus software, and it is dedicated to 3cx. 10k rpm hard drives also. max ussage is like 4%

Dan

4. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Ok, than, to completely exclude 3CX out of equation - try to unbind all phones from media server. Make sure that re-invites are allowed for them. If it will not improve the situation - than it's something in network or hardware, because in that case all phones will exchange audio peer-to-peer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

hi,

Here is my "five cents" :)
    "Media server mode" is specified for each call in the log (see "Server Status" page and technical manual).
    "by-pass mode" means that quality of audio is not influenced by PBX.

Thanks

6. wisecomputers

wisecomputers New Member

Nice product, It also works on 2003 I see. I will let you know the resaults after a day of monitoring it.

Dan

7. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

You don't need to monitor anything. Simply make an internal call and post log here. (1 min of work)
    "Media server mode" will be specified in the log.

My question is based on
    It is the quotation from your initial post

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.