Chose not to upgrade now phones not supported

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by daneke, Nov 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daneke

We have not upgraded to the Beta and now all our phones show Not Supported.

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi daneke,

To confirm your version of 3CX please check your management interface >> Licence. This will tell you the version you are currently running.

15.5.3849.1 - Version 15.5 SP1 (full version)
    15.5.5932.2 - Version 15.5 SP2 (BETA)

If your system has upgraded you will get the above version (15.5.5932.2). Or look for the Hotdesking tab down the side (BETA only).

What phones are you using, have you simply selected your phones and tried upgrading the firmware as a possible fix ?

Where did you choose not to update - during installation, or via the updates of an existing PBX ?

#2 eddv123, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  3. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Daneke is correct, if you have not updated to 15.5 SP2 the phones will show 'Not Supported'

Guess the question is can you upgrade the phone firmware without upgrading to SP2

4. jem1

I'd say it's the firmware, the production 3CX gets new firmware even if you don't upgrade to the beta. I had to upgrade our Yealinks and Fanvils to get them to stop saying unspported.

daneke likes this.
  5. daneke

I upgraded firmware all is well. Thanks

6. giwm

giwm New Member

So... if we're on 15.5 SP1, what change would occur that the existing (previously supported) firmware would now suddenly be unsupported? Is this simply from a 3CX technical support standpoint that it's unsupported? Or is it more in preparation for SP2? Because obviously it still works and none of the new features would be leveraged in SP1.

7. us1

us1

I would like to know this as well.

8. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The management console will display the phones as un-supported when a newer firmware is downloaded by the management console and that firmware does not match the firmware the phones are currently running. If you stick with the firmware you are currently running you will still be supported. The new phone firmware are in preparation for SP2 but have been tested and work with SP1. If you upgrade to the latest firmware and face any issues we will be happy to troubleshoot and see what is wrong.

9. Powermage

Powermage New Member

This behavior sucks for Dutch Yealinks. They run a localized firmware version for dutch language support (thanks to the dutch distributor for who has the sole right to dutch language on yealinks) they really restrict the ways how you can update the firmware, it is not like you can just download it and upload it, you need to run it through a special provisioning server.

10. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Your statement is not quite right.
    All Yealink phones running on Lydis customized firmware can be overwritten by the neutral version, except the DECT handsets.
    So if you have e.g. a T48S running on f/w 66.81.188.4 then download f/w 66.82.0.20.rom from Yealink site and manual flash this version in to the phone.
    If you have DECT handsets, you need to send them to Lydis for the neutral version. Only they have the possibility the flash a handset with the customized firmware.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Powermage

Powermage New Member

Sorry, i wasnt clear enough.
    Indeed you can upload generic yealink.com firmware to a "dutch" Yealink phone, but in the 2 serie's phones you just lose your dutch language.
    not really somthing most of my customers like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.