Chrome plugin Click to Call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AlanM, Oct 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlanM

Greetings,

When I attempt to use the "Click to Call" plugin with the Chrome browser to dial a telephone number on a webpage, a pop-up window prompts me to launch 3CXPhone for Windows. When I click "launch application" a DOS windows quickly opens then disappears and nothing happens. I tried various settings within Chrome but all to no avail. I am using 3CX v.15 SP2.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. andreaschr

andreaschr Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Alan,

Click to Call Plug in is working with Pro License. What type of license do you have in the PBX ?

3. AlanM

I am using the free edition of 3CX v15. I reviewed the list of features and did not see where this was a standard only or Pro only feature.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. CBUTLER

Which Click to Call plugin are you using? I see there are several in the chrome extension store. I am currently using the "Telephone Number Detection v1.1.7" without any issues.

5. andreaschr

andreaschr Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

6. AlanM

The one andreaschr linked is the one I installed since it is by 3CX. In all fairness, 3CX cannot delineate every feature difference between the free and pro version on the website.

7. CBUTLER

Thank you. I was not even aware of that extension. 3CX should considered renaming their extension to be consistent with their other extensions so it can be found in the Chrome Web Store. http://screencast.com/t/yQvTyIKuVk

8. CBUTLER

I ended up uninstalling this extension from all our machines. Everybody was complaining. The extension was breaking code on pages, and recognizing non-phone numbers as phone numbers. Went back to Telephone Number Detection v1.1.7. Give it a try and see if it works for you.

9. AlanM

CButler,

I tried the extension you listed and unfortunately the same issue appears. I tried it on another machine and again the same issue: command window opens then closes and nothing happens. I ran the DISM.exe tool and the SFC tool: both completed successfully. I scanned for malware/adware with negative results. So, I ended up uninstalling all the click-to-call extensions and will just use the tried and true cut 'n paste method. Thanks for the suggestions.

10. Marios Neophytou

Marios Neophytou Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

@CBUTLER - Can you give us some examples of pages or provide us with some screenshots? Also make sure that you have the right Min/Max Number Length to prevent any extra detection .

@AlanM - None of these extensions or any other similar extension will work with our 3CXClient if you are still using the free PBX edition, as our extension is require only pro license

11. Weaselbass

Hi.

I was a bit perplexed when upgrading from V12 to V15 and discovering the Click to Call / HTTP API functionality had been removed.

We previously used click to call links on our CRM system for our call centre users as this was an efficient way for them to avoid downtime and keep a high call volume. These stopped working when V15 was installed. (along with Tel protocol links)

I came up with a simple solution:

With a little bit of javascript added to the CRM record pages, I "auto highlighed" the record's phone number and in the 3cx client set up a hotkey(http://www.3cx.com/user-manual/hotkeys/) to call the selected number (I changed the default F11 to F10, as F11 would also make the browser window fullscreen!)

This enabled the call centre users to get back their previous efficiency.

I hope this will help some of you with the lack of click to call functionality on standard licenced 3CX.

12. iron

Have to disable this plug-in. It is triggering on almost any number string - account numbers, tracking numbers, orders, etc. they range in length from 5 digits to 15 digits and the plugin keeps thinking its a phone number... Any fix for this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.