Chromebook/box support?

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by drewsimm, Jan 14, 2016.

1. drewsimm

I honestly am not sure where I am or if this is the correct place to say what I'm about to say, but maybe whoever reads this can help point me in the right direction if this isn't it?

I have a work office and a home office. I use a 3CX phone at both locations. At work, we use Windows 8.1, so everyone there can download the app and see who is on a call. But at home, I use a Chromebox (which I really love) and I can't download the program to see who is all on the phone and utilize all of the other amazing features. It seems like you could make a web-based version of this so no one will even have to download anything... but just go to a website to access these features?

Possible?

tx

andy

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would think that web access like that would raise security issues. When a SIP phone application is installed, in a device, like a PC, the system administrator has control over the SIP credentials, and the password can remain hidden from the end user. With web access, anyone that has been given the password needed to log-in, can access the network, there is no longer a hardware element involved, taking away a lot of control over who can get in. If you look at the percentage of operating system in use, https://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0
    Chrome, is listed under "other" at 5.14%, unfortunately, not a compelling "number" to develop an App. Blackberry users had the same complaint regarding the lack of an App for their devices