CID, Format Ring Group Name

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DaveSD, Mar 29, 2018.

1. DaveSD

Running on v15.5

The CID shows the following:
    Ringing
    From +16195551212:For.
    +16199284249

For. Is the truncated name of the ring group, "Forgotten Barrel"
    What I want:
    Ringing
    Call for Forgotten Barrel

Is this possible?

Thanks much,

~Dave

Attached Files:

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You can reformat the caller ID, removing the +1, but I'm not certain about adding the brackets, as some phones will do that automatically.

https://www.3cx.com/docs/cid-reformatting/

A ring group name can be added as a suffix to the caller ID.

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/displaying-ring-group-name-on-phone.38962/

It is , however, best to keep it as short as possible in the event a name is sent with the callers number. Some displays are unable to show all characters, which means some are lost.

I have never seen the ability to add a fixed prefix, to a variable name (Call for).

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Can you set it to PREPEND the name instead of append?
    Under Contact then Options.

This will help with where the name shows up - but as Leejor said, no option for adding additional text strings.

Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 12.41.07 PM.png

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. DaveSD

Thanks Craig, your suggestion can work, however, I think there is a broader issue. I have one trunk and with a main number 858x assigned to ring group 800, then I add a second DID 760x to the trunk. I then create a new ring group 801 and assign the second DID 760x to the rg. Calls to 760x goto 800, not 801... Everything looks good in inbound 858x goes to 800, 760x goes to 801...

Is there a way to have a trunk for every DID? Because I can do this with CID inbound for the trunk, add replace with a string "Call for Company X" The inbound rules do not appear to be working properly with a single trunk.

Thanks!

5. DaveSD

I guess I have stumbled into an existing bug... read your post regarding... Is the fake credentials workaround ok with flowroute?
    Can 3CX V15 support more than one IP Authenticated SIP Trunk?

6. craigreilly

No way for you to use one trunk with multiple DID's?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. DaveSD

8. DaveSD

I am on 15.5.0 (windows) and no updates available... Does this mean I am missing the latest service packs? Was this DID issue resolved in any of the service packs? Spinning my wheels here with this buggy software :(

9. DaveSD

I have sp4, and after a year of this being reported 3cx has not fixed this DIDissue. No one does routing of numbers? Time to cut bait and dump this loser.

10. craigreilly

seems like you have just one trunk and the DID's aren't setup correctly for what is being sent by provider?

11. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

There was never really an issue actually, its just that a certain "work-around" config some users had put in place prior to upgrading to V15 caused this.
    I agree with what @craigreilly said:
    FYI, assuming you are using the 3CX default settings for Flowroute, the correct format you should enter the numbers in is 11-digit, e.g. 18135910130. If you check a SIP INVITE message of an incoming call and you look in the RURI field, that is what you should see.