• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

CID not being passed on to parallel ringing mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

teichhei

Reaction score
Hi,

I set the field from:display number to be the originator CID and with the new verbose log (great feature, thanks for that) I can see that the CID that came in through the pstn gateway is passed on to the outbound invite, forwarding to the mobile.
Unfortunately it contains a leading 0, because that's what you need everywhere else in the pbx. I played around in the "manipulate CID" settings but all I could get was a 49097... instead of a 4997...
Ist there a way to manipulate outbound CIDs on a trunk to simply remove the leading 0 or replace it with a constant? I only found a way to set a prefix, but not to replace a digit. Sipgate wants the format without leading 0 and doesn't accept anything else.
I know it will cause trouble for incoming international calls but those would just come through as the DID anyway.
If there is a way to make 004997... to be 4997... and 097... to 97... it would fix the problem and allow me to send correct extension DIDs to other providers than Sipgate. I thought that "reformat CID" in the trunk settings would do that, but I can't figure out how.

br

Heinz

Hi,

try with this (attach), maybe will help

Hi, I tried a lot with those settings, with no real logic results.
I set up all fields in both involved trunks according to the location. The result on the inbound trunk (as described in the 3CX blog to get a correct format internally) is:

Specified international prefix (0) doesn't match given number '097...'
Check your reformat inbound caller ID rule for Lc:10023(@T-Com BRI[<sip:[email protected]:5060>

International prefix is by the way 00, not 0
And the outbound leg does this:

Route to L:97.8[Line:10013>>0172...] sends Invite-OUT Send Req INVITE from 0.0.0.0:0 tid=882e072bcd2e422b Call-ID=NTIwMzg3NmQ1YjBlZWZjM2U4NjQ0NWMzZWVjMmI2ZmM.:
INVITE sip:[email protected]:5060 SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/ ;branch=z9hG4bK-d8754z-882e072bcd2e422b-1---d8754z-;rport
Max-Forwards: 70
To: <sip:[email protected]:5060>
From: "00097..."<sip:[email protected]:5060>;tag=395e1e16
Call-ID: NTIwMzg3NmQ1YjBlZWZjM2U4NjQ0NWMzZWVjMmI2ZmM.
CSeq: 1 INVITE
Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REGISTER, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, REFER, INFO, MESSAGE
Content-Type: application/sdp
Supported: replaces
Content-Length: 258

Bottom line is that 3CX doesn't take the zero off the inbound CID and happy adds heaps of zeros to the outbound number. Only keeping the boxes ticked at the outbound options doesn't change the number at all.
Is that feature supposed to work? I found some comments saying that it is not working and would hopefully be changed in V10.
It would be easier to apply just a set of rules for inbound and outbound CIDs, like the outbound route rules are made up.
Maybe I'm just dumb. I just can't believe that there is nobody else with a similar problem using ring groups that forward to mobiles.
Provided that the provider allows changing the CID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.