• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

CID on call transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mibenet

Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking already several hours but can't find the correct setting(s) for my wishes :)
I'm running a 3CX version 14 on premise.
I have a SIP trunk to a SIP provider (Weepee) and I have a telephone number linked to it.

Inbound and outbound calls are working perfectly.

I want if a call is coming in, and 3CX is forwarding that call directly (or with delay) to an external number, the caller ID of the dialer is transfered to the external number, so I can see who is trying to call me. Now I see my SIP telephone number.

I did try several post, also this link: https://k2systems.ca/helpdesk/knowledgebase.php?article=95, but then my number is blocked (anonymous).
My provider claims to support the CID forwarding.

Where do I have to modify? Also I found alot, but nothing for v14 what has kind of changes in the config of outbound rules.

Thank you already for the attention :)

Hopefully, the person, at your VoIP providers, that told you they support this feature, is correct.

This is what I had to do to get this working, others had some suggestions as to changing what fields worked for them. It is obviously not a one-size-fits-all solution.

http://www.3cx.com/forums/caller-id-not-being-passed-onto-mobile-40795.html

Before you make any changes, make note of the current settings.

Outbound rules don't affect this at all, they only direct the calls to certain trunk groups.

Hi

I have a change of situation if I set to OriginatorCallerID, but not the preferred scenario :)
Now my phone mentions No Caller ID, so there is no data our it is hidden by 3CX.

Could it be that the variable is empty? Where can I verify?

Thank you!

Below some data from PfSense (with stripped data off course :)), so I see all correct data I assume..

Still No Caller ID on my cellphone.

I did try with normal format 04xxxxxx, with 324xxxxxxx and with +324xxxxxx, but no effect..

Code:
INBOUND CALL
	INVITE sip:325xxxxxxx@[LOCALWANIP]SIP/2.0
	Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 91.208.12.135:5060;branch=z9hG4bK2a911a4d;rport
	Max-Forwards: 70
	From: "04xxxxxxxx" <sip:04xxxxxxxx@IPprovider>;tag=as45bc690a
	To: <sip:325xxxxxxx@[LOCALWANIP]>
	Call-ID: 05158284377e0213615049ae0ba706cc@[IPProvider]:5060
	CSeq: 102 INVITE
	User-Agent: weepee
	Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2016 19:40:54 GMT
	Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REFER, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, INFO, PUBLISH, MESSAGE
	Supported: replaces, timer
	P-Asserted-Identity: "04xxxxxxxx" <sip:04xxxxxxxx@[IPProvider]>
	Content-Type: application/sdp
	Content-Length: 549

OUTBOUND CALL

INVITE sip:[FORWARDnr]@ssw5.weepee.org:5060 SIP/2.0
	Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.0.183:5060;branch=z9hG4bK-d8754z-d80a0909806f5803-1---d8754z-;rport
	Max-Forwards: 70
	To: <sip:[Forwardnr]@ssw5.weepee.org:5060>
	From: "324xxxxxxx"<sip:[email protected]:5060>;tag=d6549910
	Call-ID: MWM2ZDdjY2Q0NzgxMWU4ZDZhMGQ2N2YzNDI1NWVhOTI.
	CSeq: 1 INVITE
	Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REGISTER, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, REFER, INFO, MESSAGE
	Content-Type: application/sdp
	Supported: replaces
	User-Agent: 3CXPhoneSystem 14.0.47020.408 (46852)
	Content-Length: 258
	Remote-Party-ID: "324xxxxxxx"<sip:[email protected]:5060>;party=calling
v=0
	o=3cxPS 208373022720 499508051969 IN IP4 [LOCALWANIP]
	s=3cxPS Audio call
	c=IN IP4 [LOCALWANIP]
	t=0 0
	m=audio 9230 RTP/AVP 0 8 3 101
	a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000
	a=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000
	a=rtpmap:3 GSM/8000
	a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
	a=sendrecv

Providers handle this in different ways, so, unless another forum user, that also uses that same provider, come forward with the settings that they use (that work), it is probably going to be trial and error (unfortunately).

I assume that Caller Id shows correctly when you receive an outside call on an internal extension?

You could try a test to see if CID is passed on by your provider. you could try a test to see if, in fact, your provider does allow the outgoing DID to change.

Pick an extension, in the settings (3CX), put something (even just the extension number) in the number to be displayed field. This is normally blank. I have found, with my provider, that whatever number is in there, will be displayed on the (outside) called parties display. you could try this and see if it makes a difference.

Have you tried forwarding calls to a land-line phone (with display), not just a mobile?

From the capture you posted, from what I understand you want to present the 04xxxxxxxx as the Caller ID for the Outgoing Call.

For you to do this you must first contact you Provider again and ask the in which SIP filed they want the Caller ID information in e.g. "Remote Party ID : User Part", "From : User Part", "From : Display Name", etc.
Once you know that, all you should have to do is go to your Provider setting in the Management Console and for that SIP field set "OriginatorCallerID".

If that then doesn't work, call your Provider up again, ask then to run a live trace and replicate the scenario again and ask them live what they see wrong with the INVITE message they receive.

Hi

Thank you for your info
I did try every possible combination, reformatted number etc, but once I change some sensitive field, I got No Caller ID.
Therefore I did send the SIP header fields to my provider to determine if it is the correct info for CID.
I hope to get some support from them, the only answer I got now is, we supported is, please check your PBX..
Spend to much hours on that..

I post feedback if I got them ;)

Hi,

After several mails and discussions with the provider, they changed something en suddenly it works..
Ok, That I have to verify before testing this function, agree, but I got feedback from them that they support that.
After more than a week trying and searching, I did send another mail with a little bit more pressure, and ok, now it works, and that whats count :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.