• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

CID on the Linksys SPA-3102 (resolved)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FGCUHank

Reaction score
Did some searching and can't find a definite answer.

Has anyone sorted out displaying the actual CID tel number on inbound calls using the SPA3102? I set mine up per the provided doc and it does work fine except, as stated in the doc, the CID is the "Display Name" from the Subscriber Information section. Mine says "Outside Line"

Can I do something in 3cs under the SPA3102 on the inbound parameters tab "Content of Sip fields" section?
I see they have Display Name options among many others.

Re: CID on the Linksys SPA-3102

Do you get a unique name showing up on a call display device connected to the same line as the 3102, when calls come in? I've found that if there is no name sent (only a number) then the the 3Cx extension will display the name that you put into the PSTN tab of the 3102.

Thanks for the reply, no in my case all inbound calls say "Outside Line"

I did check the SPA and it is seeing the CID and name passed to it.
Also my satellite receiver and fax, tied directly into the pots before the SPA show the proper CID name and number.

I used the document here for configuration http: //www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-3102/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE See step 18.

Thanks for any help on this.

Was the 3102 used elsewhere or was it "out-of-the-box" or factory reset before this installation? I'm wondering if you've changed any of the settings in the PSTN Line/PSTN-to-VoIP Gateway Setup from the default. It will probably be a setting in that "area" which would likely have an effect on incoming Caller ID. Perhaps you can post a snapshot of your settings.

Yes, that could be it. I brought over all my equipment after wasting time on and dumping Asterisknow and Asterisk Business Edition. Also before connecting it to 3cx I did update it to the latest firmware from the Cisco site.

The attached PDF, whoops, not allowed, jpg is the PSTN page.

Does this thing have a factory reset?

Attachments

• Linksys SPA Configuration.jpg
    Linksys SPA Configuration.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 3,819

Let me try again on the image, the whole thing did not make it up.

FGCUHank said:
Does this thing have a factory reset?

Yes, using the phone plugged into the FXS port , dial **** (I don't have the documents in front of me), then dial R E S E T (73738), then it should ask for confirmation. that will return the 3102 back to factory settings.

Let me start with that first and I'll post back.

All the best.
hg

Hello,

I did the factory reset and configuration via the doc in my earlier link.

Note I have the issue on step 22e that leaving the * in the PSTN Caller ID pattern causes the call not to be answered by 3cx. Removing this * and calls get answered.

Still nothing on the CID however. Still displays the name in step 18.

It also displays the extension of the SPA: 10001

For example here is the email text for a voicemail:

From Caller ID 10001
Date 4/9/2010 3:30:53 PM
Duration 00:00:16
File vmail_10001_10_20100409193053

Thanks

Post your settings of the PSTN tabs. Are you using Bellcore Caller ID (North America)?

Thanks for all the help leejor,

Yes, I'm using Bellcore NA.

Will post up the pstn page tonight.

Under the PSTN Line tab/FXO timer values, make sure you have the PSTN Answer delay set to 3 (seconds). Otherwise the 3102 will pass the call info on to 3Cx before it has collected the caller Id.

If you don't have a copy, I suggest downloading (and printing some parts so you can make notes) a copy of the ATA Admin Guide. It's what should have been included with each 3102. It covers almost all of the Linksys ATA/Gateways and attempts to explain a number of the "mysteries". http://freddy.linuxtribe.fr/blog/spa3102/SPA_Admn_3102.pdf

I'll have a look over your settings when you post them.

Hello Leejor,

That "PSTN Line tab/FXO timer values, make sure you have the PSTN Answer delay set to 3 (seconds). " seemed to be the ticket.

It was set to 0.

CID on the voicemail looks much better as well

You have received a new message in your voice mail box.

From Caller ID 2394435028
Date 4/12/2010 8:55:32 AM
Duration 00:00:04
File vmail_2394435028_10_20100412125532

Also thanks for the lead on the guide. I will download it. Since the Linksys site got gobbled up by Cisco I've had a hard time finding things.

All the best.
Hank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.