• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved CID Reformatting (Adding prefix +)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mukkacow

Customer
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to reformat incoming call CID but can't figure out.
I would like to add "+" to all incoming calls. I added this INBOUND rule:

Source pattern: (.*)
Replace pattern: +\

But what I get is

- when ringing numbers are shown as 41xxxxxxxxxxxxx and then when looking in the call histry I see 2 numbers "41xxxxxxxxxxxxx +41xxxxxxxxxxxxx".

Any idea how to simply add the "+" on every incoming call ?

Thanks you

I don't think I've seen a post where someone wanted to add a +. They usually want to remove the + from a directory stored number and convert that to an international prefix so it can be handled by the outbound rules. Many Caller ID devices are not capable of displaying anything other than numeric figures unless it is in the name field.

Hi leejor,

I have many DID and all incoming calls are displayed when ringing in 3CX clients as +41... +49... and this for me is okay. Unfortunately for 1 DID incoming number the + is stripped and I need to add it.

;-)

Hi sip.bg, you're right I forgot the "1" here in the forum but inboud rules in 3CX was correct.
Patterns add the + as we want but results is like attached images.

- If iPhone is locked incoming call appears without the +.
- If you're in 3CX application incoming calls are coming with 2 numbers (one with +41 and one with only 41).
- Call history will show 2 numbers instead of 1 with +41.

Any idea how to fix this? ;-)

Attachments

• IMG_2274.PNG
    IMG_2274.PNG
    128.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2277.PNG
    IMG_2277.PNG
    89.9 KB · Views: 27
Please note that 3CX client shows caller's name and caller's number on incoming call. If no name is found, the incoming number (without '+' sign) will be used instead. If you have several such cases you may add these numbers in company phonebook.

Hi, I see. This happens only when I use the ""OriginatorCallerID" Original Caller number will be sent" to get patterns to works :((

Hi, meantime I have solved the problem and all now is displayed correctly with the +.

As after pattern change I have this:

From: "41xxxxxxxxx"<sip:+41xxxxxxxxx@127.0.0.1:5060;nf=e>;tag=5b72a163 "​

In inbound I set caller name as: P-Called-Party-ID : Display Name

Now all works like a charms ;-)

Glad the issue is resolved and thank you for sharing your solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRNC IT Infrastructure
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.