• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

CID Reformatting from Remote Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seddik El Behi

Free User
Intermediate Cert.
Reaction score
Hello,

I have trouble setting up Caller ID Reformatting from remote site.
Remote site uses the main site to make outbound calls and connected to the main site through a bridge connection.
I changed in the advanced settings of the bridge of each site to "OriginatorCallerID".

I am getting always 500 internal error
10000 is the provider trunk ID
10001 is the bridge ID
3000 is the extension of the remote site

Call to T:Line:10000>>XXXXXXXX@[Dev:sip:10000@IP:5060] from L:1782.1[Line:10001<<+3000] failed, cause: Cause: 500 Internal Server Error/INVITE from IP:pORT

Please advice

So instead of trying to fix the problem you created, why not state what you are trying to accomplish? I'm assuming the goal is to have the remote site call out from the main site but show the number for the remote site. If this is the case I wouldn't touch anything on the bridge settings but rather on the CID reformatting rules on the outbound trunk itself.

Hello @Seddik El Behi

What exactly are you trying to accomplish and you performed these changes? Does it work if you roll the changes back? Also where is the error originating from?

Hi,
the goal is, as cobaltit mentioned, to have the remote site call out from the main site but to be successful provider needs to have an outbound caller ID within the delivered DIDs.
For extensions in main site it was easy but not successful for remote sites.
Any ideas?

The setup will depend from the value the provider uses to read the caller ID. If you select "OriginatorCallerID" under your bridge settings and the same under the trunk settings, then the main PBX will send out the extension number of the caller as that is the Originator.
The bridge will update the Display name part of the From and Remote Party ID SIP fields so you need to adjust these settings accordingly. Are you using a supported provider?

The setup will depend from the value the provider uses to read the caller ID. If you select "OriginatorCallerID" under your bridge settings and the same under the trunk settings, then the main PBX will send out the extension number of the caller as that is the Originator.
Hi and thank you for your answer. We are not talking about a provider it's a simple Bridge. I tried even "OriginatorCallerID" on both sides but I am getting always the same format [Line:10001<<+3000].
How can I reformat it or can I get simple extension only?

Hi and thank you for your answer. We are not talking about a provider it's a simple Bridge. I tried even "OriginatorCallerID" on both sides but I am getting always the same format [Line:10001<<+3000].
How can I reformat it or can I get simple extension only?
We are talking about a bridge and a provider as you are trying to push an outbound caller ID to the provider connected to the main site. As i mentioned the bridge will only update the Display name part of the From and Remote Party ID SIP fields so you need to adjust these settings accordingly. If the provider gets the information from a different SIP field then you cannot adjust that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.