Cisco 1700

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by shinkson, Dec 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shinkson

Hi,
    I have a Cisco 1700 router with an FXS and FXO card. Do you see any reason why this would not work with 3cx? I have 2 Linksys SPA962 phone and 2 phone line. I want to make internal calls between the Linksys phone and recieve and send external calls from both the my IP and analog phones. If your answer is no to the 1700 question, is there another device like the spa3102 that should be looking into? I currently have a Openvox (Digium) card with FXS and FXO boards. I attempted to use Asterisk but as a Windows user, I crashed and burned severly. :evil:
    Help me get a PBX system off the ground.

Thanks

2. TwigsUSAN

Yes, you can use the Cisco 1700. At least I know you can with the FXO side. I haven't used it with 3CX, but I have used them with a product called Pingtel (now owned by Nortel, which is owned by Avaya). The can be a bit of a pain to configure, especially with the dialing peers. Good Luck

3. shinkson

Thank you all for the speedy response. I quess I will sell the 1700 and get a linksys 3102. Would I need to get two linksys 3102 is I have 2 phone lines (FXO)? Also, how would I handle incoming and outgoing faxes? Would I need to get a fax software (like Microsoft Fax), a modem and connect it to the FSX port? I have two IP phones, 4 POTS phones and (will have) 1 fax server.
    Thanks for any help you can provide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.