Cisco 504g IP keeps getting blacklisted.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Squirlmaster, Nov 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squirlmaster

I am using 3CX version 11 SP4. I have about 20 Cisco 504g phone all running the 7.5.2 firmware all on the same local subnet at the 3CX server.

One particular 504g started getting its IP address blacklisted dozens of times in just a 12 hours period. I tried re-provisioning the phone, resetting to factory defaults, none of which seemed to help. I then decided to whitelist the IP address of that phone, which seemed to stop the blacklisting, but now the computer that is connected into the PC LAN port on that phone keeps losing its network connection every 20-30 minutes until the phone is rebooted.

I would like to be able to find out what is causing the blacklisting so I can solve the original problem and not whitelist the IP. Any ideas?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

look at the other accounts and ensure that they are not active. the phone can support 4 of which only account 1 is impacted by 3cx provisioning. you might consider doing a master or factory reset to be certain and then re-provision.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The 3CX logs should tell you why it's being blacklisted. Replace the set, or move it to another location, a different extension number, or just swap with another set. If the problem moves with the phone then you know you have a bad set.

4. afinite

Hi
    It looks to me like the blacklisting is a symptom, not the cause. It sounds much more likely that you have a faulty handset / network cabling issue.

Have you tried swapping the handset out for another to see if the problem travels with the handset?

Given the PC on the other side is losing connection, it could well be something low level in the handset, or a cabling problem IMHO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.