• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Cisco 504G isn't seeing firmware past 7.5.2 - Can't upgrade to 7.6.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcockle2

Reaction score
I've got 20 or so Cisco 504G phones running on 3CX v15 Pro. When I try to perform a firmware upgrade through the main console there does not appear to be a newer version, despite 7.6.1 being fully supported and readily available according to other threads I've been reading.

I've tried using the application to manually force an upgrade which failed. I've tried to force it by accessing a URL made up of the phone's IP and the path to the firmware - No luck there either, it says it will do it when the SPA is idle but it never does.

Is there something I'm missing here? Only been in the game a short while but I feel like a firmware upgrade shouldn't be this hard! In case it wasn't apparent they are all on 7.5.2 at the moment.

Screenshot of 7.5.2 appearing as the latest version - https://gyazo.com/975756913059440ba115bd227bad97ff

The SPA504G is a legacy phone. You would be better off replacing them with a supported phone which will make management and upgrades far easier.

The phones require certain firmware upgrades to be processed in order. You cannot go from your current version to the latest without first progressing through some of the versions in between. Unfortunately, I do not recall which versions are required and which can be skipped, but that is the issue.

I got a Cisco phone working just for fun. You must setup a TFTP server, and follow all the directions on this page.
Great phone quality, limited features on a foreign SIP system such as 3CX.
https://www.3cx.com/Sip-Phones/Cisco-SPA/

Go to 7.5.2b first

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.