• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Cisco 7640 in Dubai

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizzotinc

Reaction score
I gave a phone to my boss to take to Dubai, its set for Dhcp and everything. I also set external extension and bind to media server in the 3CX system, but for some reason the phone will not register, not even try to register, I see nothing in the system logs about the phone connecting. But it will connect to the tftp server on the same box, under the same IP address as the 3CX, and I can telnet into the phone. So I know the phone can connect to my server, and I can connect to the phone, but the phone just will not register with 3CX. I have tried multiple ports, even high number ports, and nothing. The phone has registered as an external extension before, so I know the phone works.

Any Ideas?

Ports would be my suggestion also. Can you be sure there is no deliberate blocking of ports where phone is located? Any chance you can remotely (or via the boss) set the phone config for a VoIP provider? Lots of free ones that could be used for a quick test. That way you could establish if issue is at phone's location or 3CX server location hopefully.

I just called the local broadband provider over there and they said there are no blocks. Any other ideas?

I think that this is not a local provider issue only. There has to be a firewall issue that does not let the phone register.

Also check that the ports on both parties (pbx and phone are the same) example - both 5061.

I understand your reasoning relating to tftp but a registration is more complex than tftp - first of all there may be an authentication issue for example.
Tftp works on 1 port - here we have a number of ports - you need forwarding rules and you have to specify open ports on UDP for the firewall. Port for outbound calls and those for internal calls and so on so forth. So the reasons may vary.

To confirm that the phone works, telnet is not really the most ideal option because you're checking tcp there. To check that the phone works fine create a local pbx and register the phone with the PBX locally. That way you will be 100% sure that this phone you have registers.

Also try using a softphone as well and see what happens? However the settings on the pbx seem perfect. This is all you have to do on the 3CX Phonesystem - ext is external and bind to media server.

How did you get on with this?, did you get it sorted in the end? would love to know.

Cheers

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.