Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cisco 7911

Discussion in 'Windows' started by max@zl2max.gen.nz, Mar 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. max@zl2max.gen.nz

Hi Guys
    New to this so be gentle ...

Just starting out and have a couple of Cisco 7960 phones up and running, had to swap them to SIP all went well.

I have bought a couple of 7911, but set up is not quite as obvious, I boot the phone and all I get is a welcome splash screen that changes to a box with "upgrading" in it and the MAC address..... no amount of button pushing will let me access a network set up menu, never mind SIP ........

CDP is up and running but that seems all.

Visited the Cisco site and can't even download the manuals for the 7911 as I don't have partner access.

Any help would be welcomed

Thanks

Max

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

When it comes to this series of phones from Cisco unfortunately we cannot be gentle... It's a very technical matter to get this "ugly" phone running.

You have to first find the Provisioning Template for this phone online, set up a TFTP server and add that file in it, setup a DHCP Server and give the phone an IP+Setup Option66 with the proper path to the TFTP Server Directory with the template.
    Only then the phone will startup correctly and work/buttons will be pressable

Oh and you need to download the new firmware for your phone that supports SIP, because currently your phone only supports SSCP which is a cisco protocol. And you probably have to pay for that firmware download.

So... All in all, if i were plagued with those phones i would return them and get any other brand of phone that works by simply going in the phone's web interface changing 3 settings, and getting your phone up and running within a MINUTE.

I hope my post helped a bit :|

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. max@zl2max.gen.nz

OK it wasn't that bad !!!!

DHCP, TFTP sort..
    Phone boots

Now how the hell do I make the RINGLIST.XML and SEPmymac.CNF.XML files ???

Edited them in word and that stuff a whole lot in the file, phone reads them but doesn't do any thing .....

Thanks

Max

4. max@zl2max.gen.nz

OK looking good !!!!

But

I can ring out .... reorder after the first digit, no matter what it is ...

Can ring it as good as gold though

Hints

Max

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.