Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cisco 7912 with 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Killerdaug, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killerdaug

Anyone know if there are any general compatibility issues when using Cisco 7912 phones behind a NAT and connecting to a remote 3CX PBX?

Our Cisco 7912 phones work fine when connected to the same LAN as 3CX. But not so using NAT. We've tried several different NAT routers and configuration settings. These same phones would always easily connect to our old/discarded PBX using the same NAT routers, which is why I'm now asking the 3CX community the above question. :roll:

I would appreciate any input here! Thanks!

2. amygoda

amygoda Member

Hello
    try to close windows firewall
    forward ports 5060:5069,9000:9015,5080:5090 and 5480:5484
    and try to set stun server

3. Killerdaug

The Windows 2003 Server running 3CX doesn't have Windows Firewall activated. Also, this server has all ports open, although still behind NAT but using a 1:1 private to public IP address. The Cisco 7912 phones are standalone units behind other NAT networks and remotely connected through our other offices.

So I really can't figure out where the problem lays with these particular phones in conjunction with 3CX. These phones worked perfectally with out old PBX with the exact same NAT and router setup. Strange. Any other ideas here?

4. coatline

We have more or less the same setup as you running fine with Cisco 7945, 7965 and 7975 phones. The 3CX server is 1:1 NATted to a public IP address in our office. The Cisco IP phone is on a 192.168.x.y private network, behind a NAT DSL router with a single public ip address (a.b.c.d). However, we only have one IP phone per private network, which may differ to your scenario (it's a phone installed at the home of several teleworkers)

We have to set in the xml config file for the Cisco phone <natAddress>a.b.c.d</natAddress> where a.b.c.d is the public address of the network containing the Cisco phone. This allows registration. Then to get audio we have to set rules in the DSL router to port forward the range of RTP ports to 192.168.x.y where 192.168.x.y is the private IP address of the CIsco IP phone. It works perfectly

Oh for IPv6 and the end of NAT.... would surely make this kind of thing so simple.

5. odf

odf

Hello, I read that are running cisco 7945 - 7975 with the central 3CX, I have a problem and can not find the configuration files to connect to the 3CX conectrlos, xlm files. please could help me with this problem because you already be tackling, I would greatly appreciate your help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.