Cisco 7920 Question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Kruton, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kruton

Hello,

I was curious if anyone here has had any experience with the Cisco 7920 cordless IP phone working with the 3CX system? Or really any cordless cisco IP phone being compatible with the 3cx system.

I would like to know for sure before purchasing one and just hoping it will work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. tim.medley

Hi,

The Cisco 7920 does not have a SIP firmware, it was only available with Cisco's Skinny/SCCP protocol so it will not work with 3CX.

Cisco has a wifi enabled SIP phone under the Linksys brand, the WIP310, but I have not tried it myself and only seen others with questions and issues about them in regards to 3CX.

I have read about positive experiences in the forums here with some of the DECT cordless phones and 3CX, the Panasonic and Aastra phones seem to work, but I have yet to try them firsthand.

Due to cost and limited customer needs I typically recommend using an normal POTS cordless phone and an ATA device.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Unless there is some specific feature or other reason for going to a SIP cordless handset, I would also recommend an ATA with a DECT set.

As with all portable devices, damage is almost a given, more-so in certain environments.

"Opps, I think I dropped it and now ...the display doesn't work/I can't hear anyone/the battery cover won't stay on"...etc.

It is much cheaper/easier to replace a DECT handset (and eventually it's batteries) than it is a SIP device.

4. promotionalusbneh

custom usb drives

customized usb drives
    cheap headphones
    customized usb

The Logitech Wireless Headset for iPad?, iPhone?, iPod? Touch and other Bluetooth? devices lets you roam freely without the
    This headphones for iphone versatile set of earbuds is perfect for iPhone users -- - headphones for iphone features durable
    why didn't Apple Investing in some of the best bluetooth iPad headphones is a fantastic way to breathe new life into your tablet experience.
    pink. There will also be different syles
    Noise-canceling headphones are designed to maximize your listening experience. Learn how noise-canceling headphones keep

-------------------------------------------------

ATL-1091 Custom remote control USB
    ATL-1722 Pencil Shape USB fLASH dRIVE

5. albertc

There will be situation where wifi sip phone will make more sense. For example, in health care, campus, warehouse, dept store...etc where DECT phone simply fell short in range. If you really need a wifi sip phone solution, take a look at the polycom spectralink wifi phones. They are so well build and it almost unbreakable. Take a look at these videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFSbdHfMH3Y&feature=related

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.