Cisco 7936 Conference station

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jørgen Seemann, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jørgen Seemann

Greetings,

Does anybody have an idear on how to use a Cisco 7936 conference station together with the 3cx pbx ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nebula

Nebula New Member

The short answer is patience and luck. I have not tried it on this model although I do have them working on a Call Manager installation. If they are half as difficult to convert to SIP as 7961's I wish you luck.

You will not get any help from Cisco either, I have support contracts with Cisco for many products and the moment you mention you are using a Cisco phone with anything other than Cisco Call Manager (Cisco Unified Communications Manager, as they now call it) they do not want to know.

The more astute amongst you may have worked out that the Cisco 7936 is actually a re-badged Polycom IP6000 with different firmware.

My best advice would be go with the Polycom, it comes SIP as standard and will be a lot eaiser to mate with 3CX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.