Cisco 7940 Not Registered.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigm, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigm

Hello,

I am new to 3CX, but have nearly managed to complete my installation without help until now.

I currently have 3CX V8.10824 on a clean install of Win7 Ultimate (32 Bit quod core 4 gig ram)

I have configured a Linksys PAP2, and have it working with 2 x analogue phones.

I have configured a Linksys SPA 3102 as my PSTN gateway, and have it working.

I have subscribed to a VOIP provider and also have that setup and working.

I even have 2 soft phones working on my laptop and Iphone.

Where I am totally stuck is with my Cisco 7940 phones. I have converted them to SIP, without any issues. I have setup the TFTP server so when the phones bootup they pull their default.cnf and sipxx:xx:xx:xx:xx:.cnf files and self configure the phones with names and extension numbers. But when I look in the 3CX extension status screen the 7940 phones have a red icon next to them and also say un-registered.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction please?

2. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

Welcome to the community. Kindly take a few minutes to read the forum rules regarding requesting for help and posting.

I would like to see what the server logs are saying when you are trying to register. Please unplug the phone and replug it, you should see a registration request on the server logs, please post the lines of logging related to the issue , and I might be able to give you some pointers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. craigm

Thanks for the reply.

I am currently in hospital at the moment so it may be a few days before I can post the logs.

4. craigm

Well I am now back out of hospital and as promissed here is a copy of my log file.

Any help that you could offer would be great.

Attached Files:

5. comresource

comresource Member

Here are my 7940 config files. Its a very basic config but they may be of use. Tweak for your environment.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. craigm

thats fantastic,, Many thanks.

I can already see some small differances that I think will make all the differance.

Thanks Again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.