Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cisco 7940 Not Registered.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigm, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigm

Hello,

I am new to 3CX, but have nearly managed to complete my installation without help until now.

I currently have 3CX V8.10824 on a clean install of Win7 Ultimate (32 Bit quod core 4 gig ram)

I have configured a Linksys PAP2, and have it working with 2 x analogue phones.

I have configured a Linksys SPA 3102 as my PSTN gateway, and have it working.

I have subscribed to a VOIP provider and also have that setup and working.

I even have 2 soft phones working on my laptop and Iphone.

Where I am totally stuck is with my Cisco 7940 phones. I have converted them to SIP, without any issues. I have setup the TFTP server so when the phones bootup they pull their default.cnf and sipxx:xx:xx:xx:xx:.cnf files and self configure the phones with names and extension numbers. But when I look in the 3CX extension status screen the 7940 phones have a red icon next to them and also say un-registered.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction please?

2. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

Welcome to the community. Kindly take a few minutes to read the forum rules regarding requesting for help and posting.

I would like to see what the server logs are saying when you are trying to register. Please unplug the phone and replug it, you should see a registration request on the server logs, please post the lines of logging related to the issue , and I might be able to give you some pointers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. craigm

Thanks for the reply.

I am currently in hospital at the moment so it may be a few days before I can post the logs.

4. craigm

Well I am now back out of hospital and as promissed here is a copy of my log file.

Any help that you could offer would be great.

Attached Files:

5. comresource

comresource Member

Here are my 7940 config files. Its a very basic config but they may be of use. Tweak for your environment.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. craigm

thats fantastic,, Many thanks.

I can already see some small differances that I think will make all the differance.

Thanks Again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.