Cisco 7940 SIP Can't Provision

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Grumman, Dec 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grumman

Hello,

I am trying to provision my Cisco 7940 SIP phone with 3CX but I haven't managed to do so in the last 2 weeks.
    I found a guide in 3CX website that is a step by step guide found here: http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/cisco-7940g-7960g/

My problem is that in Step 3.2 where you have to select in 3CX the phone's model, I can't find Cisco 79xx anywhere. I only have the Cisco SPA models.

I am running 3CX v10 SP1.1 on a Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP2
    The phone I am trying to Provision is a Cisco 7940 Series

Can anyone please help me as I have searched everywhere and could not find an answer?

Thank you in advance,
    Thanasis

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The provisioning feature for that model may only exist in the newer 3CX releases. I'm not sure if it would work to download and install 3CX version 12 on another machine, create a provisioning template for that set, even a basic one that could later be modified, then be copied to the original machine. Or if the provisioning for that model is in Version 12, upgrade 3CX.

3. Grumman

Thank you for your reply.
    I followed your instructions and it worked! I copied the Provisioning Template across and it is fine.

The only issue I have now is that the MWI is not working with the phone and inside the Provisioning Template I can't find a setting for it.

Any clues?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I haven't worked with that particular model, so, hopefully, someone else can offer some advice. I assume that MWI is working on your other sets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.