Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

cisco 7940 speed dial buttons?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by aftermarket, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aftermarket

i have two buttons available one is for line 1 however the other does nothing is there anyway to program it as a speed dial number?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Discovery Technology

The following should help - there's also a very good tutorials on 7940G handsets online on the Cisco web site:

http://www.cisco.com/E-Learning/bulk/public/celc/7940_Tutorial/index.html

Perform the following steps to configure the Speed Dial Lines feature.
    Step 1 Press the settings button.
    Step 2 Press the Scroll key to highlight Call Preferences.
    Step 3 Press the Select softkey.
    Step 4 Press the Scroll key to highlight Speed Dial Lines from the Call Preferences menu.
    Step 5 Press the Select softkey.
    Step 6 Press the Scroll key to highlight Line 3, Line 4, Line 5, or Line 6.
    Note There are four possible speed dial numbers that can be configured on the Cisco IP 7960G and
    one possible speed dial number on the Cisco IP 7940G.
    Step 7 Press the Edit softkey.
    Step 8 Enter a brief description for the selected speed dial line for New Label.
    Depending on the letter, you might need to press the number button on the dialing pad one or more times
    to scroll through the list of displayed characters until you highlight the correct character. You can press
    the <-- softkey to move the cursor one character to the left deleting the last character each time the
    softkey is pressed. Pressing the 1, *, or 0 keypad keys allows you to enter some special characters.
    Step 9 Press the Scroll key down arrow to select the New Number line.
    Step 10 Press the Number softkey and enter a number for the selected speed dial line.
    Step 11 When the New Label and New Number are correct, press the Accept softkey.

I won't take full credit for this as it came off Cisco's website:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7960g_7940g/sip/english/user/guide/sipuget.html#wp1053935

Hope this helps...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. aftermarket

thank you! you dont know by any chance how to make the vocie mail auto login?

4. Discovery Technology

No, I haven't managed to figure that one out, however I haven't spent too much time on it either.

To setup the "envelope" button on the phone to at least automatically dial your voice mail, all you have to do is include the following line in your SEP{MAC}.cnf.xml file:

<messagesNumber>99</messagesNumber>

(If you are using a 2-character internal extension setup)

In a simple setup, you would then enter your extension, then your pin and you're in.

I looked into the API reference section and there's currently nothing about auto logging in to voicemail extensions - will put it on the wish list for 3CX...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.