Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cisco 7940 Time & Date

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by LyonAdmiral, Aug 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LyonAdmiral

One of the things I discovered shortly after converting to 3CX was that 7940/60 phones work better with the provided SIP firmware than the 7941/61 phones at the very least in the sense that they display the correct date and time. I discovered that upon provisioning our first 7960 phone, I was pleased and impressed.

However, I'm finding that as I have been provisioning other phones both 7940's and 60's that the time and date is not showing up on the home screen at all and the "E102 MISC Error: No time server" is showing up in the Status Messages log in the phone.

Is the solution to this problem something as simple as restarting a service or the entire VM that 3CX is sitting in?

Thanks,
    Daniel

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    Regarding the ciscos 7941/7961 not getting the right time please try the following :
    - go in Settings / Provisioning Templates, select cisco 7941
    - search for <ntp>, in the below <name> tag is a hardcoded ntp server ip please replace with %%param::time_ntp_server%%
    - apply, overwrite existing file
    - go in Extensions page, edit your extension, go in Phones provisioning tab
    - add a BLF, apply. remove a BLF and apply.
    - reprovision phone using DHCP 66 + TFTP as described in our provisioning guide.

The ntp server used for the phone time synch will now be the global one specified under Settings / Phone Provisioning tab, you must ensure the phone can reach the said host/ip on port 123 udp.
    Let me know if issues persists

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.