• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

cisco 7940G (SIP) can not select an option number

Status
Not open for further replies.

dydot

Free User
Reaction score
Can someone help me how to use 7940G to select an option given while you calling out.
e.g. I called out to outside number and they gave me an option to choose such as 1 for Customer Service; 2 for Technical Support and so on. But when i pressed 1 the phone (7940) seems not sending what ever i pressed.
@ the beginning i thought i miss-configure 3cx but when i changed with regular phone (with patton M-ATA) i can select an option with no problem.

Is someone out there have similar problem with me? I've tried google this matter but with no luck.

regards,

dydot

This issue has arisen many times. How do your calls go out to the PSTN, Gateway or VoIP provider? This problem will occur when the DTMF Method option in the set does not correspond to the setting in the gateway or your VoIP provider.

thank you leejor for fast respond,

i'am using VoIP provider (Optimum). How do i correct this problem?

There are two basic SIP Methods, check to see which type your set, is setup to use. There is In-Band, that's the audio DTMF tones you hear when you press the keys. There is also out-of-band, there are a number of types of out-of-band but only a couple of common ones. They can go by different names depending on the make of the set. They are sometimes called SIP INFO, RCF 2833, AVT....
If you can find the SIP Method options in the phone there should be some choices. Make note of what is set before you change anything. Try enabling some of the other options (in some cases you can have more than one or an AUTO setting) , make a test call, and see if that fixed it. I'm guessing that it is a missing or incorrect (for your VoIP provider) out-of-band setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.