Cisco 7941 & 7942 phone registration delay on server startup

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by LiscardGP, Oct 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiscardGP

Hi

I have 3CX Version 10 with latest service packs. I also have a mixture of Cisco 7941 & 7942 phones with SIP firmware. These phones are not supported by 3CX, so there are no provisioning templates. Using information from the forum I have managed to configure the phones and they work fine. :D

When the server is rebooted it can take up to 10-15 minutes for the phones status to change from "Not Registered" to "Registered" . After a variable delay they then all register within a short time. I have not set the registration interval in the phones configuration files, so I assume they will be using a default value.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get 3CX to register all phones at start-up, thus avoiding any delay?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pjr

pjr New Member

Re: Cisco 7941 & 7942 phone registration delay on server sta

3CX isnt responsible for registering the phones - the phones initiate the registration based on the interval configured in their template, so there is nothing you can change on 3CX to configure it to register the phones any quicker.

I would reboot the POE switch the phones are on to force the phones to reboot all at the same time, after the server has been rebooted as this should force the phone to re register

Paul

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LiscardGP

Many Thanks.

I wondered whether that was the case but when they all registered within 10 seconds I thought they may be an option i was missing in 3CX.

Rather than reboot POE switch I would rather press the following keys on the phones which resets them

Settings * * # * *

Resetting the phones makes them register.

Thanks Again. I will stop looking for 3CX option.

4. Fatman2142

Hi!

Would it be possible to get your config files for provisioning the 7941 IP phone with 3CX PBX?

Just having issues setting mine up!

Cheers,
    Hayden

5. LiscardGP

Hi

Here are copies of my configuration files. I use SIP Firmware version 8-5-4.

You need to install on your 3CX computer

1) TFTP server (I use solar winds)
    2) NTP server (I use Meinberg)
    3) On your dhcp server (or router); "Set dhcp-option=150,192.168.1.1" (Change the IP address to that of your 3CX computer)
    4) the configuration files should be placed in the TFTP server folder
    5) you will also need the ".Loads" file in the TFTP server folder

Hope that helps.

Good luck

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.