Cisco 7942 with the 3cx system

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rcleveland, Nov 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcleveland

My boss and i have been trying to get the cisco phones working with the 3cx system, to no avail. Nothing seems to work, the phone has been asking for files that i haven't seen anyone else on the internet say it's asking for, and I really am at my wits end here. The phone doesn't give us any information other than saying "unregistered," and the TFTP server shows that it's giving the right files. I have no idea what information you guys might need, but if someone could ask a question to get this started i'd really appreciate it!

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Do a search for Cisco 7942 on the blog or forum and you will get a number of messages and other info about how others have tackeled the problem.

3. rcleveland

I have done this for hours, none of the solutions i have found worked. Or when the person's problem mirrored mine, there was never a response. Or various other issues. But nothing so far.

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

unfortunately, I have not used the UCC versions so I am uncertain if the following may work -

http://www.3cx.com/forums/finally-cisco-7960-success-7398.html

This is for a 7960, but it may have enough pertinent info to get your 7942 working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.