Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cisco 7942 with the 3cx system

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rcleveland, Nov 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcleveland

My boss and i have been trying to get the cisco phones working with the 3cx system, to no avail. Nothing seems to work, the phone has been asking for files that i haven't seen anyone else on the internet say it's asking for, and I really am at my wits end here. The phone doesn't give us any information other than saying "unregistered," and the TFTP server shows that it's giving the right files. I have no idea what information you guys might need, but if someone could ask a question to get this started i'd really appreciate it!

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Do a search for Cisco 7942 on the blog or forum and you will get a number of messages and other info about how others have tackeled the problem.

3. rcleveland

I have done this for hours, none of the solutions i have found worked. Or when the person's problem mirrored mine, there was never a response. Or various other issues. But nothing so far.

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

unfortunately, I have not used the UCC versions so I am uncertain if the following may work -

http://www.3cx.com/forums/finally-cisco-7960-success-7398.html

This is for a 7960, but it may have enough pertinent info to get your 7942 working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.