Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cisco 7960 firmware upgrade

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by msp, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msp

msp

Good day.

I am have a time out issue when upgrading a Cisco 7960 phone to SIP firmware.
    It will load OS79XX.txt OK.
    In first attempt to convert the phone From SCCY (P003H310) to SIP firmware P03-03-00.It will only loads 94% of the firmware build and the Solarwinds TFTP server logs reports "timeout error: the connection is reset by remote side"

Does anyone know how to over come this issue.

Regards kelvin

2. sipero123

Hi,

I found the easiet way to do this was with a locally sited pc. I set a static IP address for the pc and used tftpd32 as this has a built in dhcp server as well.

I then accessed the Cisco 7960 phone and set the tftp server to the static IP of the PC.

Please search on this forum as I did post a more detailed explanation several months ago with links for the software and fuller instructions.

Jonathan Hamon

3. msp

msp

I will give it a go and report back whether it has been successful of not.
    Thanks you for answering my issue in upgrading 7960 phone Jonathan.

Regards kelvin

4. msp

msp

Hi

I Tried the local PC with a static IP address, But, it still does not load the SIP software file.
    In the TFTP server logs it now reports "interrupted by client, received error packet with code 3" What does the mean.
    If I look at the firmware install on the 7960 phone it shows P003H310 App's load with boot load ID PC030310

Can any one help.

regards kelvin

5. Discovery Technology

What TFTP Server are you using? I have used the 3Com free TFTP Server with no problems with Cisco handsets.

Also, do you have the latest firmware for the handsets? If you have SmartNet maintenance (which costs less than $10) this would be relatively quick to check.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.