Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cisco 7961 with Version 11

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by leejor, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Got a hold of a 7961 to try out. Still running version 11 so there are no provisioning templates for this model phone.

Followed this http://www.3cx.com/blog/news/cisco-7941-7961/, for the most part, but, since it is written for version 12 there were some differences with the directories.

Got to the point where it downloaded (successfully) whatever it wanted from the files, and rebooted.

I created two cnf files, the SIPDefault.cnf and a SIP(MAC address).cnf, which, from doing some searches should be all I need after finding this...http://www.888voip.com/configuring-cisco-79407960-phones-with-3cx/

The phone keeps requesting 2 xml files from the tftp server. the SEP(MAC address).cnf.xml, CTLSEP(MAC address).tlv .

I created a small SEP(MAC address).cnf.xml file that simply tells it the the device protocol is SIP, the thinking being that it doesn't realise that and therefore won't look for the the SIP cnf files. Still doesn't look to download the cnf files, just keeps downloading the one xml file I created

Do the templates available in version 12 create the xml config files?

Are they necessary if you have the two cnf files?

What change is required to get the phone to look for those? Is it a line that has to be added in the SEP(MAC address).cnf.xml file?

How do I confirm that the firmware is updated to SIP? There are SIP options are in the menu, but even after unlocking the menu there seems to be no key to change them manually.

Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Update...

Had a chance to play around with the phones last night and determined that there is something wrong with the set itself. Even a simple factory reset wasn't working the way it should. Took a 7940 and went through the SIP conversion, which went well. Now the new set is looking for the correct files, the SIPDefault.cnf and SIP(Mac).cnf...however in Pumpkin, while it shows the expected file names requested by the phone it shows "file not found".

The files are in the directory that the tftp server is pointing to, yet, for some reason, it can't "find" them. I edited (with notepad) the text files that I found on http://www.888voip.com/configuring-cisco-79407960-phones-with-3cx/ and renamed them correctly (yes, I checked the spelling many times).

Anyone, more familiar with Cisco sets, have any suggestions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.