Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cisco 7965G

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MikeMelga, Sep 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeMelga

Hi.

I have a Cisco 7965G that I configured to use with 3CX. I've installed the latest SIP firmware, Create the SEP<mac>.cnf.xml config file and deployed it with a tftp server.

I created a 3CX extension for it and it is basically working. It registers and I can make and receive calls.

However... there are a few things I still haven't managed to do, so I am asking someone who may have some experience with these type of phones.

They are:

- When I feed the 3CX generated phonebook file into the Cisco I always get a XML parse error [4]. Even with a self made file with just a contact or 2 I keep getting that error.
    - I still haven't found a dialplan.xml that works. I have to type the number to dial and press 'Dial' otherwise the phone will timeout and does NOT dial.
    - How can I get 3CX to 'manage' this phone. I do not wan't to have to use a tftp server whenever I need to change something in the phone's config. Can I just treat it as a 7941? (I think that model is supported)
    - How can I access my messagebox? I've binded the messages key to the messagebox number (99) but it seems to go to some messabox other than mine because it does not accept my pin number :shock:

Thanks.

Regards,
    Mike

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I found that working with any XML file required a program such as http://xml-copy-editor.sourceforge.net/
    Which will also show you any errors you may have made when manually editing a file.
    I'm not sure if the 7965 makes use of the same dial-plan as the 7961 but if you do some searches, you will find examples that you can modify to suit your dial patterns.

I also found this site helpful, even though it primarily deals with use of the sets on another PBX.
    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+phone+cisco+79xx

3. MikeMelga

leejor,

Thanks.
    The xml file looks valid but I'll give it another try.

As for the dialplan.... yes, I've seen lots and lots of examples but none worked. I've read somewhere that the 7965 use another format of dialplan but never found out which one.

I'll give the set another few hours testing this weekend.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Have you tried a simple dialplan that applies only to internal extension numbers?

<DIALTEMPLATE>
    <TEMPLATE MATCH="999" Timeout="0" User="Phone"/>
    <TEMPLATE MATCH="2.." Timeout="0" User="Phone"/>
    </DIALTEMPLATE>

Assuming you are using 3 digit extensions beginning with 2 and voicemail access of 999, this should cover just those numbers.

I have not yet found anything to indicate that the dialplan in the 7961 and the 7965 is handled differently, but I may be wrong.

Not sure if you came across this...
    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Standalone+Cisco+7945/7965

5. Jamie Bennett

Hi Mike,

What are the steps to get sip on this phone? I recently acquired two 7965 and would love to know how you did it.

Regards,

Jamie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.