Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cisco 7970 IP Phone on 3CX?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Lee Moreau, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lee Moreau

Anyone have any idea how to make this work? I've flashed it to SIP but having issues. Seems like this phone is really tricky even with Asterisk but from what I can tell, on Asterisk only certain firmwares seem to work on it. I tried with 8-5-4S which seemed to have the best luck. It would show in 3CX that it was registered and if I called it it would receive a call (but not be able to answer it) but the phone would just say Registering forever or show an X over the line.

I upgraded to 9.0.3S or something like that but now it doesn't even register at all. There's so many firmware versions and it's a major pain to keep changing them around so was wondering if anyone had any experience getting this to work?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you do a search of the forum you will come across a number of posts on that model...like this one

http://www.3cx.com/forums/cisco-7970-and-3cx-it-works-1152-15.html

3. Lee Moreau

Thanks so much! I feel so dumb I was literally searching all morning and didn't find that post, but I got it working woohoo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.