Cisco ATA188 w/ 3CX Proxy Manager to Cloud Server ?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by egiblockDM, Dec 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. egiblockDM

we have our 3cx in the cloud, been working ok.
    i set up a 3cx proxy server in order to get a Polycom IP 5000 working, and now that's good.

i'm trying to get a Cisco ATA 188 to register with the 3cx system using the 3cx Proxy Manager for the tunnel.

has anyone else out there done this? i can't seem to get it to connect.

thanks

2. bardissi

bardissi Member

This ATA model is really old.

I have gotten all the Cisco SPA models working with 3CX

3. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

I would save myself time and headaches, get a Grandstream HT70X, depending on the firewall used, bypass the SIP proxy and simply configure it to Random SIP port and random RTP port. If you rFW supports UpNP enable it and you are all set with no complications, or simply use STUN. A Linksys PAP2T will also do it very well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bardissi

bardissi Member

PAP2T This product has been discontinued and has been succeeded by the Cisco SPA112.

5. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

I was looking at vintage equipment, the PAP2T (non t38), SPA2102 (with T38) and obviously the SPA112 (w. t38) all work well. I tend to suggest the Grandstram HT7** (w. t38) as it is simpler to configure, works with UpNP as well and overall keeps it simpler. If he plans on registering it against 3CX the need for t38 is in question. t38 is for faxing if connected to a traditional fax machine. Since this is a Cloud deployment the likelihood if that it uses SIP trunks, if the trunk allows re-invites it will work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.