• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Cisco Cisco Cisco -->79xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jirka

Reaction score
Hi Team,

after long and painfull process I have got my 7941 working with 3cx quite seamlessly with only few minor bugs :roll: . That would not bother me as much as not to be able to register this phone from outside of my network.
Is there anybody out there that managed to get this phone register from outside ??? :idea: :idea:

Thanks J.

There should be a setting in the config file for the phone for NAT, try changing that value.

Hi Jirka, we have 7940s in the office and managed to get them registering outside without any issues at all. Here is my config;

# NAT/Firewall Traversal
nat_enable: "1" ; 0-Disabled (default), 1-Enabled
nat_address: "" ; WAN IP address of NAT box (dotted IP or DNS A record only)
voip_control_port: "5060" ; UDP port used for SIP messages (default - 5060)
start_media_port: "9000" ; Start RTP range for media (default - 16384)
end_media_port: "9049" ; End RTP range for media (default - 32766)
nat_received_processing: "1" ; 0-Disabled (default), 1-Enabled

Don't forget to open UDP 3478, 9000 - 9049 on your 3CX firewall otherwise the call will connect but you'll hear no audio!

How did you change the media ports on the 7940? I have tried changing them with the phone interface and the sipMACADDRESS.cnf, but can't get the changes to stick.

currey, me either. The cisco still shows as the default values but as soon as I changed these it started working correctly - must be a bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.