Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cisco Cisco Cisco -->79xx

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jirka, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jirka

Hi Team,

after long and painfull process I have got my 7941 working with 3cx quite seamlessly with only few minor bugs :roll: . That would not bother me as much as not to be able to register this phone from outside of my network.
    Is there anybody out there that managed to get this phone register from outside ??? :idea: :idea:

Thanks J.

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

There should be a setting in the config file for the phone for NAT, try changing that value.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. infinitie

Hi Jirka, we have 7940s in the office and managed to get them registering outside without any issues at all. Here is my config;

# NAT/Firewall Traversal
    nat_enable: "1" ; 0-Disabled (default), 1-Enabled
    nat_address: "" ; WAN IP address of NAT box (dotted IP or DNS A record only)
    voip_control_port: "5060" ; UDP port used for SIP messages (default - 5060)
    start_media_port: "9000" ; Start RTP range for media (default - 16384)
    end_media_port: "9049" ; End RTP range for media (default - 32766)
    nat_received_processing: "1" ; 0-Disabled (default), 1-Enabled

Don't forget to open UDP 3478, 9000 - 9049 on your 3CX firewall otherwise the call will connect but you'll hear no audio!

4. currey

How did you change the media ports on the 7940? I have tried changing them with the phone interface and the sipMACADDRESS.cnf, but can't get the changes to stick.

5. infinitie

currey, me either. The cisco still shows as the default values but as soon as I changed these it started working correctly - must be a bug?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.