Cisco Phone Provisioning

Discussion in 'Windows' started by semaja2, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. semaja2

Hi Guys,

How do you provision your Cisco Phones? I have a few Cisco SPA-504Gs and want to set things like the BFLs and Background pictures but these are not included in the files supplied by 3CX.

I have found a tool on the Cisco website but it only works through a command line and produces a binary file which couldn't be combined in 3CX.

Also how do you secure the provisioning profiles? They are stored unencrypted on a web server for everyone to access? So anyone can anyones SIP details.

2. danoh

Little trick to view the entire xml config for your Cisco phones:

If you phone's IP is 192.168.20.25, then enter this in a web browser. Then view the source to the page once it's loaded:
    http://192.168.20.25/admin/spacfg.xml

From here, you can search and just copy the XML lines out to your provisioning templates.

As far as securing the provisioning XMLs on the webserver, good question. I don't think the phones can handle any type of authentication. You could modify the permissions in IIS (I don't know about Cassini), to restrict access to the provisioning directory by IP address. Keep in mind that unless someone knows the MAC address of the phone, they can't download the provisioning template anyway. The provisioning directory is not set to allow browsing by default. Note, this is all with IIS config, I don't use the built-in webserver (Cassini)

3. semaja2

Thanks for that link, as for securing I found a heap of guides on encrypting or targetting a cfg using the tools cisco provide, I think what you do is process the xml you have into a cfg file.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9894 - page 40 of pdf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.