Cisco Phone provisioning

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ldon, Jul 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ldon

Can anyone shed any light on a few provisioning/configuration options.

I am using 525G2 phones and i plan to add some more to the phone system, but i have a few items that i need to configure to complete the install. These shouldn't be too hard for someone who knows what to look for.

1. Change the picture on the phone from the default to one of my choosing.
    2. Add a second extension to one phone only, i wasn't sure if this was simply a matter of creating another SIP settings line in the provisioing template.
    3. Setting the time to UK format. I can't even see this option on the provisioning template.
    4. Setting voicemail to automactially connect when the voicemail button is pressed. (i need to do this on the polycom phones as well)

Any help or assistance anyone can provide will be of great help.

Regards,

Lee

2. danoh

<Select_Logo group="Phone/General">Default</Select_Logo>
    <Select_Background_Picture group="Phone/General">None</Select_Background_Picture>

<Time_Format group="User/Supplementary_Services">12hr</Time_Format>
    <Date_Format group="User/Supplementary_Services">month/day</Date_Format>

<Voice_Mail_Number group="Phone/General">9999</Voice_Mail_Number>

The easiest way to find stuff to add to/change in provisioning templates is to make the change using the web config for the phone, then look at the running config xml of the phone and search for what you changed.

To view your phone's running xml config, browse to http://your.phone.ip/admin/spacfg.xml

3. netswork

netswork Active Member

I have found the easiest way to get the SPA's to do what I need them to do is provision them first....then disable provisioning on the phone and configure the phone manually. If you had 100's of phones this would be difficult but it works for me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ldon

Thanks for this, i have been doing just just, provisioning the phone then removing the auto provision settings upto this point. Its not great as its a heap of messing around.
    Changing it once and for all will be great.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.