Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cisco Phone Unregisters from time to time

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JST, Jan 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JST

JST New Member

I have a Cisco SIP phone in my home office and it is normally working just fine, but from time to time it decides to unregister and then I cannot make any calls. Oddly enough the phone allows me to start the call, but then 3CX is telling me that the phone isn't registered... I have already checked the registration expiration and it is set to 600 which is just 10 minutes. So, way below the 30 minutes limit.

The problem normally resolves itself within the next 30 minutes... Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thank you!

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @JST

Is this phone a local extension? Is it in the same network/subnet as the PBX? Also what firmware are you running on the Cisco phone?

3. JST

JST New Member

The phone is local, but it is on a different subnet. The firmware on the Cisco phone shows as 9.3.1 in 3CX.

My wife's Yealink desk phone and our Gigaset phone seem to work just fine.

Any ideas?

4. DSXDATA

DSXDATA New Member

IS there a SonicWALL in the mix?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. JST

JST New Member

No, I am using a Sophos SG firewall. Did you find that the Cisco needs additional ports? If you had to add anything to the SonicWALL, I might be able to add the same to the Sophos.

Thank you for your reply!

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

7. JST

JST New Member

It's a Cisco 7975G. I can try to downgrade, but I don't see how this could change anything. Let me see if I can find the firmware listed in your post on the Cisco support page.

8. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Since the phone is not in the supported list i cannot guarantee that the phone will work properly even if you do downgrade. give it a try though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.