Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cisco Phones & 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Sheps, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheps

Good Morning,

I have a working 3CX system with 2 Cisco phones we had from a old UC520 deploy. The phones are the Cisco 7931G and the Cisco 7970. I have the phones configured and registering however I am attempting to get the BLF working and I have two problems:

The SIP SUBSCRIBE message that is initially sent by the phones contains no authentication so it is filling the logs with the below message and occassionally blacklisting the phones.

Code:
    16-08-2012 09:22:12.997   [CM302001]: Authorization system can not identify source of: SUBSCRIBE sip:20@10.0.0.90 SIP/2.0
    Via: SIP/2.0/TCP 10.0.0.145:49583;branch=z9hG4bK66094012
    Max-Forwards: 70
    To: <sip:20@10.0.0.90>
    From: <sip:12@10.0.0.145>;tag=001bd501977a25f01eda7652-6b78bb12
    Call-ID: 001bd501-977a25e7-b84bfbd2-dbf4a992@10.0.0.145
    CSeq: 1000 SUBSCRIBE
    Expires: 2147483647
    Accept: application/cpim-pidf+xml
    Allow: ACK, BYE, CANCEL, INVITE, NOTIFY, OPTIONS, REFER, REGISTER, UPDATE, SUBSCRIBE
    Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 15:14:11 GMT
    User-Agent: Cisco-CP7931G/9.1.1
    Event: presence
    Content-Length: 0

The second problem is that the phones return a 500 Internal Server Error once the subscribe is authenticated. I have looked into this and after reviewing the Wireshark trace, the messages are sent VIA TCP, which is required, and the content types appear to be formatted properly according to the documentation I have found.

Thanks,

Dan

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

While I am not familiar with the particular model you have, I do have SPA models established with BLF.

The first thing is that you need to have a SIP account and extension provisioned and working on 3CX with the phone. Then the BLF will need to be local and on the same 3CX system as the extension previously mentioned. Then, there is a line key setting within the SPA that needs to be configured with the details of the extension you want as a BLF. I have attached a snippet.

Assuming that your phone has a similar function, then you need to replace my private IP with your 3CX system private IP and the "200" in both settings with whichever extension you want and then change the name "david' as I have it, to what you want to show in the display.

If this does work for you, would you please respond back so that I know if it may (or may not) be applicable for others in the future with your same phone and issue.

Attached Files:

3. Sheps

Here is the snippet from the Cisco config. These are enterprise phones, so they are mostly done with XML files and not a web interface.

The SIP line is configured further up. The main problem is I need a way of forcing it to authenticate immediately instead of attempting to subscribe first then when it gets a proxy auth required sending authentication.

Code:
    			<line button="11">
    				<featureID>21</featureID>
    				<featureLabel>Jesse</featureLabel>
    				<speedDialNumber>21</speedDialNumber>
    				<featureOptionMask>1</featureOptionMask>
    			</line>

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Sheps

I should add featureID 21 is BLF + Speed Dial, not the extension.

5. netswork

netswork Active Member

From personal experience you are going to have a hell of a time getting the 7900 series of phones working with SIP not attached to a Cisco UC solution.

The Cisco SPA phones work wonderfully with 3cx. The spa525 most closely resembles with 7900 series phones.

6. Sheps

We have 1 SPA504G on order. If we run into issues with the 7970 we have anymore we will most likely have another on order.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.