Cisco RV320/325?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lenhodder, Nov 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lenhodder

Hi everyone.

I'm struggling to confirm if the Cisco RV320 or RV325 routers are compatible with 3CX. I see a couple of reports of problems (with NAT), but I also see that Cisco is an approved brand in 3CX-management-authored posts.
    I'm already working on returning a TP-Link that caused problems with NAT port preservation, and don't want to do that again!
    Can anyone confirm if these will work? I'm specifically looking for a dual-WAN device. I like the features and price point that these offer.

Thanks for the help.
    Cheers
    Len

2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

I would recommend using MikroTik routers (http://www.mikrotik.com) -- much better and easier to use.
    You may have as many WAN ports as you like -- the routers are fully programmable and support everything you may need.
    If you need any assistance with MikroTik, you may rely on.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 sip.bg, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

You may want to re-evaluate your selection. In looking at the US based web site for Cisco, they have announced EOL for the 325 model. I did not see that for the 320 version, but I still suggest you check for its status in your country.

MikroTik is certainly a good option, but its setup may take a little getting use to. I use them on occasion, but normally gravitate to Draytek for most clients as the Interface is more straight forward and it is easier for them to navigate. The MT product is certainly more flexible and its cost is extremely reasonable. The only thing I take issue with the MT product is their Wiki and forum - these can be a little daunting to get to a solution sometimes. Nevertheless, for the money, they are hard to beat.

4. lenhodder

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't realize that it was being discontinued, and definitely don't want to be dealing with a product that has limited or no future support. I looked at the MikroTik product, and tried out the online simulated configuration, and found it to be a bit much to deal with - way too many things to configure, and not a very user-friendly presentation. Very powerful for sure, but I don't want to have a big learning curve, nor spend hours setting this up. We currently use a ZyXel USG20, and after a conversation with ZyXel support, I'm replacing it with a USG40, which offers dual WAN support. Being the same product line, the transition and re-configuration should go smoothly, and I know it already works.
    Thanks again.
    Cheers.
    Len

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.