• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Cisco SPA 122 Fax Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucas Christensen

Reaction score
I have been messing with this SPA122 all day and still have not got this to work. I orginally tried to setup it up under Fax Extensions and could not get it to be able to dial out. I then made it a regular extension and have gotten it to dial out, but the other line is always busy and has to redial numberous times. The fax machine I have hooked up to it is a Lexmark MX511de.

I have followed a couple of guides I found online. Is there some other features I need to configure on the devices?

Guide 1 - http://www.k2systems.ca/helpdesk/knowledgebase.php?article=137
I have found a couple of other information posts about it. and have used some 3102 posts. Which it looks like most are removed.

Any help is appreciated. Our current fax solution is not working out well. I am trying to get this setup so i can drop the other.

I suppose you came across this recent post...https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/3cx-fax-issues-with-a-cisco-112-ata.49528/

Using a regular extension for a fax ATA may work for outgoing, if "all your other ducks are in line", but I would set it up as a Fax extension. You say you have it dialling out but the other end is always busy. That has nothing to do with the hardware. You need to find another fax machine that isn't busy. You also don't say if a fax ever went through. Are you using a VoIP provider that supports Fax? Fax over VoIP is hit or miss, and not necessarily consistent. Some newer machines may not be able to handle the slower speeds required. Check the Fax machine manual, some have specific settings recommended for use oner VoIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.