• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Cisco SPA-501G

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkD

Reaction score
I am trying to connect several Cisco SPA-501G handsets to our 3CX v10 PBX (licensed).

We have the 3CXPhone working fine on the PCs, and the iOS phone working fine on our iPhones, but can not get these damn Cisco phones to work properly.

They will receive calls fine with no issues whatsoever, the problem comes when trying to make out going calls. You lift the hand set and you hear a dial tone. You dial the number (either internal or external) and it just sits there waiting for you to input more digits. Eventually it just gives you the number not in use type tone.

The phones are local to the PBX, same subnet, same group on network switches.

Has anyone else had issues when trying to make out going calls from an IP phone? Anyone have any ideas what the issue may be? any advice welcome!

Below is what I found whilst running wireshark when the handset tries making a call out:

40 6.205168 10.20.20.45 10.20.20.5 SIP/SDP 988 Request: INVITE sip:[email protected], with session description

44 6.306261 10.20.20.5 10.20.20.45 SIP 399 Status: 403 Forbidden

45 6.316031 10.20.20.45 10.20.20.5 SIP 463 Request: ACK sip:[email protected]

Can anyone decipher and shed any light as to what I may need to do?

Anyone have any idea what this can be? I've tried tweaking every possibly setting on the phones but the result is always the same - they can receive calls but can not make out going calls, even to internal extensions...

I just don't understand why the 3CX software is saying forbidden when the same account using the 3CX phone on the PC works 100% OK.

This 3CX article maybe of help in working out what is happening.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/analyzing-sip-call/

I found the problem. I was using a non-standard SIP port on the phone system.

Although the cisco phone can handle this & connect to receive calls, it ends up sending the wrong information when authenticating an out going call (it seems to add the :portnumber to the username)

I tried overriding this in various settings but was unsuccessful, the only way I could get the handsets to work properly was to revert the 3CX system back to port 5060.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jabren
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.