Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cisco SPA-504G phones change volume

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Sam71, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam71

Hi all,

We have some Cisco SPA-504G phones running on the latest version of 3CX!

The issue is that when you change the volume on the phone to full, either for the handset or speaker it drops back to half pretty much straight away!

The phones are using provisioning....

Any ideas would be apreciated!

cheers
    Scott

2. Sam71

Further to the above!

It also does it the other way as well!
    i.e. when you put the volume down it raises it back to half way......

3. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

Cisco SPA phones allow you to change Rx volume during the call - but my observation is that if you do this, then the volume change is temporary (i.e for the remainder of that call only), UNLESS you press 'Save' after making the change ... I guess that the logic of this is that you can set your ideal volume, and then if you have to make a particular call louder or softer, it doesn't upset your 'normal' volume level ... Otherwise you'd be continually changing the setting.

best regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Sam71

Yeah that would be fine if it was a temp volume change for the whole call! It basically changes as soon as you take your finger off the volume button either up or down it goes the opposite way......

If you hold your finger on the volume button to make it loader it won't change! But who wants to do that?

5. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

What version of the SPA504G firmware are you running??? If you can try the latest and see if that makes a difference - or if you have the latest, get the last version and downgrade ... What you are saying just does not fit with my experience of the Linksys and Cisco SPA phones.

Best regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Sam71

They are running the latest!

I resolved the issue as per above post and just saved the volume level!

Doesn't explain why the volume changes back during the same call if you don't save though......
    I haven't tried to change it once saved so not sure if the changing volume on it's own is an issue!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.